Saturday, February 27, 2016

An Italian Adventure

Published on: Dec 7, 2006


If I could say just one thing about going after your dreams, it would be this: Just Do It!
I've just returned from my second trip to Italy this year, and I can only wonder why I ever doubted it could be anything but transforming. I met wonderful people, ate delicious food, saw amazing art and architecture, successfully completed two weeks of immersion Italian study, made many new friends and had a wonderful time. I'll be sharing the highlights of my trip on this blog, as time permits.
In the meantime, here's a photo I took last Saturday night in Florence. This image gives you an idea of the impressive size of the Duomo, with the red-tiled cupola, that dominates the center of the city. Next to the Duomo sits Giotto's campanile, or bell tower. I was enjoying the passeggiata with my friend Haruko that night, dazzled by the Christmas lights and taking the evening stroll with thousands of others in the Piazza del Duomo. This image sums up my recent Italian adventure: simply magical!

La Luna di Firenze

No comments:

Post a Comment